Monday, February 28, 2011

The House That Went to Sea...


My baby is nearly done. Last year I blogged about this story here - one of my favourite stories that was looking for a loving home. And then in a whirlwind I sent it out, it was accepted by Duck Creek Press and it has now been turned into a book with fabulous illustrations by Gabriella Klepatski. It will be available in shops in June. It is in hardback. I am very proud and excited.
The House That Went to Sea follows the story of an introverted young boy sent to stay with his Grandmother while his adventurous parents study monkeys in the rainforest. Anything is possible when Granny Gale takes up the anchor...there are mermaids, pirates and a shark in this story, and a lot of seagulls...

4 comments:

maureen said...

It looks beautiful!
Well done the team!

Old Kitty said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! It's finally here!! Hooooray!!!!! It looks so so so GOOD too!!!! Well done you!! Exciting times ahead!!!

Take care
x

michiko said...

Congratulations! I will buy "The House That Went to Sea". I love your "Were-nana", which I wrote a review on our Japanese e-mail magazine.
I'm looking forward to your new books.

Melinda Szymanik said...

Hey guys - thank you! and Michiko I'm thrilled you love The Were-Nana :)