Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Zealand Post book Awards

I didn't win at the NZ Post Book Awards (see here for results www.booksellers.co.nz/nzpb_main.htm ) last night. Sigh. Probably because I wasn't a finalist which was probably (but I'm just guessing here) because i didn't have a book published last year (except for my short story in an anthology, Dare and Double Dare) so no surprises there really. Its probably a blessing because i'm bad at giving speeches. Big congrats to all the finalists and the winners. What a buzz. I was especially pleased to see the awards mentioned on TV3's late news last night. Children's literature doesn't get the press it deserves in this country so some news coverage (with Ruth Paul-winner of the children's choice award-being interviewed - yay!!) is brilliant. Couldn't find the winners mentioned in this morning's Herald sadly but there was a nice piece on supreme winner Joy Cowley. That woman is a writing goddess. maybe one day I'll get to go to the award ceremony.

No comments: