Been studying today. I am so out of the habit that I am having to relearn how to be a student as if I'd never done it before (and having spent YEARS as a student I can only laugh at my greenness). That'll teach me :) In one of those spooky coincidences (cue twilight zone theme tune) today I've been reading about the definition of picture book (versus picture story book and illustrated book) and checking in with the latest post at the editorial anonymous blog an hour ago, the blogger is discussing this very issue, although her take on the topic is somewhat less academic and more practical than the one I am wading through. Academic definitions can give us insights but won't make the publisher pick your manuscript.
I am also still trying to get my head around everything that has been happening to my picture book The Were-Nana. Its like a dream and is perhaps best kept that way. The Were-Nana has now gone to reprint. Yowza. I will be sorry when this train stops and the conductor boots me off (I did buy a ticket - really). I'm trying not to look at the desert flashing past the windows. And reprint is a magic miracle word that I'm trying not to get over fond of. I would like to be its best friend but its the most popular word on the block and I'm just a word nerd. I think I have a crush. Please don't tell.
Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications