Thursday, August 6, 2009

I do like a little vitamin D...

The light has changed. I've seen daffodils, and magnolia are going crazy all over the neighbourhood. And I try not to look but there's a lot of Tui love going on out in the back garden. Can Spring have sprung? I don't like to say it out loud cos its only just gone August but shesh, you can't deny what's going on in front of your own eyes, can ya? I hope its Spring - nothing like the season of hope and renewel to make me feel just a wee bit perky. That and all that vitamin D coursing through me. Yowza.

General perkiness can probably also be attributed to holiday plans moving ahead and the dreaming's about there-of. Nothing like a laid-back, pre-christmas, tropical break to soothe the nerves.

And following up on an earlier post I couldn't help noticing in today's children's PW e-zine that the cover of Justine Larbalestier's book Liar is to be changed. Huge congratulations to Justine. And I'd also say one big tick for the internet on this one as general outrage and disappointment about the inappropriate nature of the original US cover travelled mighty fast and wide. You can read about it at Justine's blog here. This is excellent news but I'm still a little sad there was ever a problem in the first place. At least things are moving in the right direction.

Not much else to say for myself. Already at work on the next assignment. Trying to keep hopeful about all my stories out there trying to wow the publishers. Thinking too about some writing about writing to present at the Speed dating, at some author talks I have ahead of me and maybe a bit of research on how it is I write short stories. Somethings working but I haven't figured out what or how yet. Funny analysing one's self. Freud would probably have something to say about that!

No comments: