Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Short and sweet....
Feeling unwell today so will be short and sweet and then I'm off to rest on the sofa with a hottie and some bad daytime tv. I finished editing my WIP, then went over it again and reached that magic point where I felt I never ever wanted to look at it again (don't worry, its a normal part of the process for me), so I e-mailed it to a publisher today. (yay, yay, yay) Have also spent some time today going over the publisher's edit of one of my short stories to be published later this year. I must say a short story edit is a joy - just the right length, no chance to get too confused and done in minutes. And there is an illustration to go with it. Sweet! Did a short talk yesterday (along with 3 other writers) to school principals, teachers and librarians and although I'd been having trouble deciding what i should say despite a fair amount of brain application, and stressing yesterday as I wrote my speech notes I felt happy with the final result. Its very reassuring when someone in the audience nods at a nod appropriate time, or nods and then hurriedly scribbles down some notes. I think in amongst it all I said some useful things as I 'exploded some fiction myths' and provided some 'tips for creative writing in the classroom'. I'm off to tend to my unwellness and await the homecoming of my faithful and diligent slaves (yes i do mock) also-known-as my children.