Saturday, June 19, 2010

Queen of the living room pillow...

Dagnabbit, wunderblogger Maureen Crisp has been at it again searching the blogosphere for tasty things for the rest of us to view....here is something on 5 handy writing superpowers via her amplify page. I fancy the superpower of making the publishing editor (and associated acquisition committees) say yes to my manuscripts :) maybe by using ESP.

I have come to the awful realisation that the tools of rewarding and distracting that I have recently recommended to help us retain our senses of humour in difficult times cannot be used over and over again without losing their potency. Hmm, back to the drawing board to think up some new survival techniques.

I had fun with a submission letter the other day for a picture book I sent in...about an old cat, queen of the living room pillow, and the new chihuahua who threatens her domain. If I intend to send more submissions overseas I am going to have to master the query letter. This could take some time...

1 comment:

maureen said...

Thank you for those kind words...
I am going to link to this new online spoof mag for writers in next Thursdays blog post but because you need a query pick me up...enjoy...
just remember it is a spoof!
http://querypolitan.blogspot.com/2010/06/50-query-tricks-are-you-brave-enough-to.html