Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications
Sunday, July 5, 2009
More books please...
There is magic when a writer writes. An alchemy that turns the lead of everyday words into the gold of a story. I cannot, try as I might, explain every part of the process. Sure I make decisions about what words to use and where they should go; about the pattern, the structure, and the flow. It is not all magic but by the same token, it does not work without some magic involved. And that there is some mystery, I think, is a good thing. But there is not just magic in the writing, there is magic in the reading too. Because I know when I read something really good, those stories give me something way beyond the sum of their individual words. The satisfaction, the joy, the way my brain shivers with delight. The way my mind is stretched and grown by each tale. More good books please....