Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications
Monday, May 7, 2012
I love being the centre of attention, except when I'm the centre of attention...
Tomorrow I am the feature speaker at an event that is pretty much all about me. So, I find this a little weird. I mean, its just me. Just a suburban housefrau, office girl, girl friday. An ex-irish dancing, dog-walking, wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. A card carrying library, NZSA, Storylines, Kiwiwrite4kidz, and SCBWI member; semi tech savvy, secretly nerdy and over educated. I blog, read the newspaper and wish children's books appeared more in the news. I like the colour black, I don't like to drive and I was born here. And I've written some books for children. Okay, its true - I've spent a lot of time writing, thinking about writing and thinking about all the processes involved in writing. I read a lot about books, and other writers. And I read books too. I keep tabs on changes, developments and trends in publishing and children's literature. Oh, and I have a lot of opinions. And did I mention I've written some books as well? Novels and picture books, one of which won a NZ book award. And I write short stories too. So maybe it isn't that weird after all. I can't wait to find out what I'm going to say.