And they just keep coming - sometimes uplifting and a clear reminder of how, even though you are just hanging on by your fingernails, you have to keep hanging on - http://cjredwine.blogspot.com/2011/08/youre-kind-of-big-deal.html. Thanks to Janet Reid for the link.
Or sometimes it's the voice of reason - http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/07/28/ya (via Beattie's Blog) - which, having written a YA to be published later this year with some close physical contact of the boy-girl kind, I was grateful to read. Sex is a normal part of the world we live in. Teenagers want to know what it's like. Books give them a chance to check it out before they check it out in person.
And for a book that just might knock your socks off (dammit) - read this review of Florence and Giles at Nicola Morgan's blog - http://helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com/2011/08/mind-blowery-of-florence-and-giles.html.
In other news, The House That Went to Sea is now for sail in smart bookshops and online. There have been a few reviews and I will post these up soon.
Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications