This house (taupe thing with dark green roof at about 10-11 o'clock on the picture above) is my house. We are five minutes walk from Mt Eden, part of which appears in the photo in my last post. If you come and visit you'll find a very pretty part of Auckland. And now you know which house I live in there are no excuses (unless you're a stalker - thats different - the rest of you are welcome). Today I read an interesting post called 'The Five Rules of Getting a Book Deal' here. Its good solid advice although there is nothing new or surprising in it. But I am currently contemplating eschewing conventional methods for getting published and am seriously considering trying something new. I think what I need is a miracle so I am going to be hoping for one of those. Its not a big ask really - just one small little miracle, maybe two. Thats my new plan. I believe this may be a more realistic and reliable path to publication then the current methods. I will let you know how it goes.
Came across this handy run down on ten commonly misspelt words at The Oatmeal via BookendsLLC which had some great tips on remembering which to use when for those pesky words like lose and loose, than and then etc...
On a completely different note, also checked out Terry Pratchett's lecture on Assisted Death over at Welshcake's Blog. Incredibly sad, moving and well argued.
Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications