Last night I had an idea for another Jack the Viking book, the third in what would then be a trilogy. There is however a difficulty. I would need to go to Norway to do some research. Hmmm. I do not currently possess enough funds for a trip to Norway. Could I fudge it and make my trip to Wellington do instead? Perhaps not. Maybe Dannevirke.
I really like the new idea. It will have to get in line and take a number to get its chance to be written as I seem to have about a million things on the go at the moment. A little bit of stewing will make for a better story though so I'm happy to let it sit for awhile. A trilogy has such a lovely sense of completeness about it, don't you think? And Jack has some more growing up to do. And he's a nice kid to hang out with. But investing time in him may not pay off in the long run; not in the dollar sense anyway. However some stories just don't care about such things. They couldn't give a rats bottom about what havoc they play on the writers solvency. They hang around in your brain refusing to disappear, quietly insisting on existing. A trip to Norway would be a blast. Stranger things have happened...
Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications