So my last post was a love letter to the children's literature community. Then this happened yesterday ...
... my amazing and most talented friend Fifi Colston drew this while waiting for her son to come out of surgery (it went well I believe folks). This captures a scene in my book so beautifully. I almost cried when I saw it. Imagine having artwork like this scattered through the book, graceful surprises to counterpoint the harshness of the family's circumstances.
On Friday I fly to Wellington for the weekend for the launch of A Winter's Day in 1939 (or AWD as it is affectionately becoming known) at The Children's Bookshop in Kilbirnie - 3pm Saturday April 13th - everyone welcome. And I am being put up by writing luminary Fleur Beale.
I am feeling very lucky
Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: The Were-Nana
- Educational Resource: The Half Life of Ryan Davis
- Educational Resource: Made With Love
- Educational Resource: The House That Went to Sea
- Educational Resource: A Winter's Day in 1939
- Educational Resource: While You Are Sleeping
- Educational Resource: The Song of Kauri
- Educational Resource: Fuzzy Doodle
- Book List - Complete List of my Publications